A shooting occurred on Monday July 4th during an Independence Day parade in suburban Chicago, United States of America, that killed at least six people, wounded at least 30 and sent hundreds of people fleeing, halting the celebration event.
The shooter who was described as a white male with dark hair, 18 to 20 years old was still at large, and residents were warned to stay safe as he was yet to be apprehended.
However, by Monday evening, according to reports by USA Today, the shooter had been identified, arrested and taken into custody.
The shooter whose name is Robert Crimo was initially on the run but was apprehended and taken into custody after long hours of manhunt by the police.
“Police took a man into custody Monday evening after a massive search in connection with a shooting rampage that left six people dead and at least 30 injured at a Fourth of July parade in this affluent Chicago suburb.
“A police officer briefly chased Robert E. Crimo III as he drove five miles north of the shooting site before the arrest was made shortly before 7 p.m. Monday, said Highland Park Police Chief Lou Jogmen.
“Earlier in the day, authorities had identified Crimo as a person of interest and released photos of him and his silver Honda Fit. They warned the public to shelter in place and that he was likely armed and dangerous. Authorities initially said Crimo was 22, but an FBI bulletin and Crimo’s social media said he was 21.”