Toba Owojaiye reporting
Benin Edo State.
In a bid to advance in the ongoing tournament, the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources faced a setback today as their appeal was denied. Edsogpadec, in a decisive match this evening, suffered a 0-3 defeat at the hands of the Ministry of Health.
Truth Live News reports that the Ministry of Health clinched victory and secured their spot in the second round. They lock horns with the Government House team on Wednesday at 2 pm. The battleground will be the Western Boys High School Mini Stadium in Ikpoba Hill, Benin City.
The excitement continues on Wednesday, November 22nd, with another clash at 4 pm between the Procurement Agency and the Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security.
Looking ahead to the second round matches:
– November 23, 2023:
– EdOGis vs Edo State Public Building and Maintenance Agency at 2 pm.
– Subeb vs ICTA at 4 pm.
– November 24, 2023:
– Ministry of Mining and Energy vs Edo State College of Nursing at 2 pm.
– Electricity Regulatory Commission vs Edo State Sports Commission at 4 pm.
– November 25, 2023:
– Ministry of Physical Planning Housing and Urban Development vs Edo State Fire Services at 9 am.
– Office of the Auditor General (State) vs Edo State School of Health at 11 am.
The stakes rise as the quarter-final matches are scheduled for November 28th and 29th, 2023. Semifinals will unfold on December 5th and 6th, leading up to the third-place match on December 8th. The pinnacle of the tournament, the final match, is set to take place at the Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium on December 10th, 2023.