Celebrity businessman and socialite, Cubana Chief Priest, has denied taking part in the All Progressives Congress primary election for the Orsu/Orlu/Oru East Federal Constituency seat in Imo State.
The nightlife entrepreneur, whose real name is Pascal Okechukwu, said he voluntarily stepped down from the race after discussions with Imo State Governor, Hope Uzodimma, over the party’s zoning arrangement.
In a series of Instagram Story posts shared on Sunday, May 17, 2026, Okechukwu described himself as “a loyal party man and committed progressive,” insisting he never appeared at the primary venue.
His latest clarification, however, contradicts an earlier video in which he lamented that only 14 delegates voted for him and blamed his outcome on “trusting the elders in the community.”
Okechukwu had sought the APC ticket for the Orsu/Orlu/Oru East Federal Constituency ahead of the 2027 general elections but eventually lost to the incumbent lawmaker, Canice Nwachukwu.
Explaining his decision to withdraw, he said Governor Uzodimma informed him that it was not yet the turn of his local government area to occupy the seat under the party’s zoning formula.
“He made the argument that it was not the turn of my Local Government Area to occupy the seat at this time, especially considering that my elder brother, Asiwaju Jerry Alagboso, had previously served three terms in the House,” he wrote.
Despite stepping down, Okechukwu maintained that his ambition was driven by concerns about the performance of the current representative.
“My decision and resolve to aspire for the office was born out of my conviction that the current holder of the office was not living up to the expectations and aspirations of our people,” he stated.
According to him, once the APC leadership adopted the zoning arrangement and directed preferred aspirants to proceed, he immediately withdrew from the process.
“In respect for the party and its leadership, I chose not to proceed to the field, and indeed, I never did. Nobody will say they saw me anywhere around the primaries venue. In fact, I did not participate as I headed straight back to Lagos,” he wrote.
Okechukwu added that the party’s decision was communicated to him in the early hours of Saturday, May 16, 2026, before the primary election.
He also dismissed online discussions surrounding the exercise as “unnecessary propaganda,” insisting he owed no supporter financially over the failed aspiration.
“I am not indebted to anybody over my aspiration. The aspiration was entirely mine, driven by my personal conviction and desire to serve,” he said.
The controversy surrounding the primary attracted reactions on social media, including support from Seyi Tinubu, who encouraged him after the outcome.
“Bro, sometimes by losing a battle, you find a new way to win the war,” Seyi Tinubu wrote on Instagram.
Reaffirming his loyalty to the APC, Okechukwu pledged continued support for President Bola Tinubu and his 2027 re-election bid through the City Boy Movement.
“The APC remains my party, today and always. I remain loyal and committed to the ideals and leadership of our great party,” he stated.



