The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has released 279 previously withheld UTME results following investigations into suspected examination malpractice.
The board said the results are part of an ongoing review process involving candidates whose performances were flagged for further scrutiny during the examination.
In a statement on Thursday, JAMB’s Public Communication Adviser, Fabian Benjamin, said some results were cleared after investigations found no evidence of wrongdoing, while others were cancelled where malpractice was confirmed.
“The release follows ongoing investigations into cases of suspected examination malpractice. While some results have been outrightly cancelled where evidence of malpractice was established, others have been released where the Board found no prima facie case against the affected candidates,” the statement said.
JAMB added that some results remain withheld, particularly those linked to centres flagged by its live monitoring systems for suspicious activity or reported irregularities.
The board said those cases are still under investigation and warned that any candidate found guilty would have their results cancelled.
“Results from centres where the Board’s live monitoring team observed suspicious activities, or where adverse reports were received, remain withheld pending further investigation,” it said.
JAMB also reiterated its commitment to maintaining the integrity of the examination process, stating that it would not hesitate to take action where evidence of malpractice is established.
Candidates whose results are yet to be released were advised to check their status by sending UTMERESULT to 55019 or 66019 using the phone number used during registration.
The development comes amid ongoing efforts by the examination body to tighten security and reduce cheating in national examinations.



