Frank Edoho Breaks Silence on Personal Battles, Says He Hid Pain for Years

Popular television host Frank Edoho has opened up about his fears surrounding emotional pain and heartbreak, saying he does not want a woman to be responsible for his death.

The media personality made the remarks during an interview on the YouTube channel Outside The Box, uploaded on Saturday, May 17, 2026, days after his estranged wife, Sandra Onyenucheya, publicly accused him of infidelity, emotional abuse and financial recklessness.

Speaking during the interview, Edoho reflected on male vulnerability, silent suffering and how he hopes to be remembered after death.

“I don’t want to go to the gates of heaven and they ask me what killed me and they say it’s a woman. Whether that woman be my daughter, my wife, my mother, I don’t want that. I don’t want that to be my way out of this portal,” he said.

The former Who Wants To Be A Millionaire host said he would rather die fulfilled, knowing he impacted lives positively.

“I want to die with a smile on my face saying that all the people I met, I tried to put a smile on their face, and to have the only regret that I wish I did more good. Not that I wish I had more time, that’s all,” he added.

Edoho’s comments come amid a public fallout with Sandra, who recently shared a lengthy Instagram post accusing him of repeated infidelity during their marriage.

She also alleged that he emotionally abused her, mismanaged her finances and pressured her to terminate their second pregnancy.

In response, Edoho denied the allegations and accused Sandra of infidelity, alleging she had an affair with singer Chike.

He claimed to possess recordings of conversations between Sandra and the singer and said he confronted Chike in a bid to save the marriage for the sake of their children.

However, during the Outside The Box interview, Edoho avoided directly addressing the ongoing dispute and instead focused on the emotional struggles many men face privately.

“The task of manhood is very daunting. Men don’t speak. Men go through a lot. Whatever a man is going through, he’s just silent. He doesn’t say it. He holds it to himself. And some of them go to the grave with it. Too many, actually,” he said.

The broadcaster also revealed that he once battled a severe personal crisis for nearly two years without telling anyone around him.

“For two years, there was a couple of years back I was in a very dark hole but nobody knew. I couldn’t call you guys. I just said, you know what, this is a journey I have to make on myself to reorganise myself. And I’m happy I did. But at the time, I thought that the walls were caving in,” he disclosed.

According to him, years in broadcasting helped him mask emotional pain while appearing cheerful on television.

“Broadcasting taught me how to have a poker face. No matter what you’re going through, when it’s time to go on air, ‘Hi, good evening, welcome, I hope you’re having a nice time’, the only reason you’re not there is that you’re dead.

“If you’re alive, it doesn’t matter what you’re going through, you have to be there doing just that. But ironically, I can’t do it in real life. I can’t switch off like I switch off when the microphone is in front of me,” he said.

Edoho confirmed in an earlier statement that he and Sandra had been separated for nearly two years before their marital issues resurfaced publicly online.

His marriage to Sandra was his second. His first marriage to broadcaster Katherine Obiang also ended in separation and attracted public attention at the time.

Share this post :

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Pinterest

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *